Skip to main content
Answered

Adding a Move 2 to my sonos system and it says "not registered"

I am trying to add this brand new Move 2 to my existing system. The setup fails saying to try again later. The speaker appears in my system but says “Move 2 is not registered”.

I’ve been at this for hours.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

55 replies

I finally got it working. I reset the move, remove and reinstalled the app. Tried again and it failed to add to my account. Went into the app, account settings, app preferences, reset app. Went through the set up process again and it finally added the move to my account. All working so far. 

I did the same thing as you, but when I take Move 2 out of the house and take it to work, I return home and the same problems come back, this is crazy… I can't enjoy full control of my speakers (ARC , Sub gen 3, a pair of sonos one )when sonos move 2 connects to my system.😖😖

With the new update of the Sonos app I can't save new songs in my lists that I already had created, I can't create new lists either, does anyone have a solution? 🤷🏻🤷🏻

OK; I’ll chime in.  I received the Move 2 as a gift. Tried to use the app to add it.  It initially saw the product, and it did get as far as to connect to my wifi (I can see it as a detected device on my router).  But then the app lost connectivity, and it can no longer see the product.  Is everyone else just returning these devices?

[update 30 min later]:  I decided to do a Factory Reset on the new Move 2.  This worked.  Once I got the green light, the install via the app worked.  I am now wondering if I was given someone else’s return, and had to do the reset.  

Problem solved:  Sonos speakers without power cords (such as the Sonos Move 2) can not register to your system wirelessly.  The need a wired connection in order toregister.

Solution: Purchase a $40 “Ethernet to USB-C” converter/adapter from Sonos. Plug the USB-C connector into USB-C port in the Move 2 and plug the Ethernet connector into your modem.  The speaker will register to your system and create a network on which all of your Sonos products will communicate.  Then disconnect the adapter.  Your Move 2 is now registered to your system and should work fine.  You may or may not have to follow this procedure with each new Move 2 speaker you want to install.  Good luck and enjoy!

StephenBeck

Stephen, thanks.   For me, just a factory reset of the device worked.