Skip to main content

What is going on with the Sonos apps?  I’m using the most up to date iOS app on a fully updated iOS platform and all the speakers are up to date.  The new interface is terrible and I would hate to even see the code for it.  Doing simple things like removing recently played off the home screen now involves navigating multiple menu’s to accomplish. Drop the web control and focus on the android and iOS app, please.

I have two Era 100’s I have in a stereo pair that will loose connection with each other causing one of the speakers to quit playing.  Opening the app and looking, they are still paired together, just not working.  I have to unpair them, repair them, and then re-tune them.  I check my router and make sure the Era’s are still both connected to WiFi, and they are.  I’ve tried changing the wireless channel they use to talk to each other and that doesn’t help either.  Nothing in my network infrastructure has changed and all other devices are operating normally on the network.

I have horrible issues with certain streaming services cutting out while playing for several seconds, coming back, then a few minutes later doing it all over again.  I’ve also had the streaming services outright drop out and not come back at all.  I know it isn’t the streaming service, I can listen to them on my computer with no issue.  I’m not saying that it’s all Sonos’ fault as I don’t know how Sonos and the streaming services interact with each other.  I do know that it isn’t being fixed though.

I’ve heard nightmares about using the alarm system also.

I’ve also tried talking with customer service to no avail as it is very apparent that they are reading from a flow chart and have no clue about the actual products they support.  I understand inflation and the raising of minimum wage in the USA has a part to play with this.  If that is the level of support they provide though, why even offer it?

I know that a lot of companies now days are literally relying on a “community” of persons who have bought their product to help each other because their support is terrible.

If you can’t figure out how to make a great functioning app with the budget that you have, make your software open-source and release it on GitHub and let the users fix it.

I replaced an older audio system with Sonos because of how easily everything was suppose to “just work”.  Sonos sounds phenomenal, but if the software is garbage, whats the point.  I even advocated for Sonos and talked up the brand.

What a disappointment from when I first purchased the two Era 100, and beam speakers a year ago.  I like the sound signature of the speakers and I’m going to keep using them with the hope that the software “apps” are dealt with.  Also, I hope that Sonos listens to the consumers when it comes to making changes to the software “apps” in the future, it is us that are using it after all.

I’m going to finish my rant here and see how the community reacts to this post. 

With all that being said, change takes time, and in regards to software/firmware/apps it takes even more time.  I respect what Sonos has done and will remain a customer looking foward to future products and releases!

PEACE AND CHICKEN GREASE!!!

Jimmy D

Be the first to reply!