Skip to main content
Question

volume adjustment - dont buy Sonos

• 25 May 2024
  • 7 replies

I have been a loyal Sonos customer for at least 15 years, even invested in Sonos arc which is not cheap.

Removal of the iPhone hardware buttons for volume control is a disaster.

i have read all the arguments about blaming Apple etc. I just don’t care about this blaming each other.

I am now looking to get rid of my Sonos system.m and would advise those looking to check other systems into this issue is fixed.

no button volume control is a show stopper for me.

1. the volume always comes on too loud and it takes too long to find the in app slider to adjust
  2. the adjustment slider is useless - not easy to adjust.

the only time it is ok is when I am using TV with Arc - tv remote works well.

all our music is Spotify. I would choose WiFi speakers that allow volume control from the iPhone buttons.

a very sad Sonos customer.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

🥱

Doesn’t care about blame . . . then goes on to say they’re getting rid of Sonos and tells others not to buy their products. 

Sure sounds like blame to me.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

It’s all (trolling?) getting a bit too boring now!

Sure - all is not perfect and response from management initially left a lot to be desired but slowly and surely the problems are being addressed.

So - if anyone wants to sell me their rejected era 300’s ( pair in black only) at a knock down price let me know! 

I agree with author of this thread. Lack of support for phone volume buttons is ridiculous!! Find a fix. 

Go to the Spotify App, start playing something, then send the output to a SONOS speaker or Group. The target SONOS player must support AirPlay 2.

Ok that works great. So what’s the point of the Sonos app? Besides setup, what’s the point? 

Apple forced this change. Fortunately, the overall design and flexibility of the SONOS system allows you to continue using your SONOS system, rather than forcing you to junk SONOS and buy Apple.

You might be able to integrate one or more Pico Remotes into your system.