Using Beam G1 and G2 together?

• 11 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hey all.

I just upgraded my Beam G1 to G2. I was thinking if it would be good to use the Beam G1 as well with the G2? I have G2 and two Symfonisk for surround. 

Would using G1 make a better sound if I have them together in a living room and connected to our TV?

Your thoughts?

Cheers!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Sonically I don’t think that this is a great idea, but only you know what sounds “best” (to you).

In terms of hookup and control this will be difficult. You’ll need to use both optical and HDM-ARC connections to the TV. Not all TV’s support this and I’m not sure if lip sync will be perfect. Plus, each BEAM will be a separate Room in the controller. Adjusting Volume will be difficult. Yes, you could connect only one BEAM to the TV and Group the two Rooms, but good lip sync will not likely be achievable.

At best this will be a science project.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

My spare Beam v1 makes a great bathroom speaker, on the cabinet over the toilet. In that small room it really sounds great.

I’d look at any room where you don’t have Sonos now, a Beam sitting on a shelf or cabinet top is about invisible but is going to sound pretty good.