Answered

two homes one account

• 30 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Can I use my Sonos account in two different homes.

basically I have two homes and two different internet providers.

but I would like to have both properties with my sonos account .

ehenni try to set up a Sonos one at my second property it won’t allow it I have tried to downstage to s1 but equipment is not compatible?

any ideas please

icon

Best answer by John B 30 December 2023, 16:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hi

This is perfectly possible and so please could you explain what problems you are having when you try to set up a new system at the second home?

Is the device you are using a new device or one taken from the system at your first home?

Is your first home’s system on S1 or S2?

A further point that may help.  You can have more than one Sonos system on a single Sonos account.

Those systems may be at the same property or different properties, and on the same WiFi network or different WiFi networks.

It is actually even possible to have a single system across two properties, if you “seed” the second system with a speaker from the first system.  This process may be made simpler by changing the WiFi credentials at the second property to match those at the first property.

Both system are s2 as I keep receiving not s1 compatible on the app.

the play one at my 2nd property will not link I have tried factory reset and ownership but will not set up on my current Sonos account .

Hi.  If you want help you will have to be more specific and detailed than “will not set up”.  What steps are you taking and at what point does it fail, and how?  Do you receive any error or warning messages?

What device are you using? There is no speaker called a play one.  Is it a Play:1 or a Sonos One (although I doubt that this will matter)?

If you have the S1 app on your phone uninstall it.  Also uninstall the S2 app then reinstall it. If you have a factory reset speaker, then you should be opening the Sonos S2 app and selecting to set up a new system.  Is that what you are doing?