Skip to main content

I went to turn on my system yesterday and noticed that 3 speakers and my Sonos amp were missing from my profile. I have around 10 speakers and one amp. 

I tried to add them back but they were not found by the app. So I factory reseat them. The Beam added back but the Ray continued to have issues. Once I had them added back a few minutes past and they disappeared from my app again.  

these are all store bought with no previous owners. 

anyone see this before. 

Which ‘profile’? Do you refer to the ‘profile’ at www.sonos.com, or the ‘profile’ listed in your Sonos controller?

I am not sure how to answer that question.

Three of the speakers don’t show up on my app any more. I’ve added them back and they work for a few minutes then they disappear from my system profile on the app.

Ok, that’s not really your ‘profile’, but your controller. At least in my tiny world 😉 Your profile, which is at www.sonos.com, shows your purchased and registered devices, and isn’t related directly to what shows as connected on your local system. 

There are still some issues, I think, with the latest controller release, but it sounds a lot like your issues are more local network based, rather than controller based. At the very least, I’d unplug your Sonos devices from power. While they’re powered off, reboot your router. Give the router a couple of minutes to reboot, then plug back in the power to your Sonos devices. Give them a couple of minutes to reload the OS and request IP addresses from your router, then test. 

If that doesn’t work, I’d suggest that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.