Skip to main content

Sonos Prepping for New Services & Pricing

• 16 June 2024
  • 3 replies

I am with all others that vented their dislike of the latest update(s), yet I am more worried looking into the WHY of this…

imho: The write off of so many functions and features can only be to soon re-introduce them as 'new services' for an extra cost!!!

Why else would any sane company otherwise create such chaos in a good working service?

The heading you gave this topic suggests that what you are saying is fact , but there is no evidence of this. 

Features that have been slated for reintroduction (by a free upgrade) within the next 1-4 weeks (see below) will broadly bring the new app into parity with the old app feature wise.

So what features , in your honest opinion, do you believe Sonos will then start charging for ?

Coming soon

• Continued improvements to navigation for visually-impaired customers: mid-June
  • Playback controls including mute and volume numbers: June
  • Local music library search and playback: mid-June
  • Improved playback settings including Play Now: July
  • Create and edit local music library: July
  • Improved Autoplay settings: July
  • Improved Sub audio settings with Amp: July
  • Snooze alarms: TBD

Why else would any sane company otherwise create such chaos in a good working service?

To sell headphones. They didn’t care that it affected owners negatively or at least wanted headphones more. 

The heading you gave this topic suggests that what you are saying is fact , but there is no evidence of this. 

Features that have been slated for reintroduction (by a free upgrade) within the next 1-4 weeks (see below) will broadly bring the new app into parity with the old app feature wise.

So what features , in your honest opinion, do you believe Sonos will then start charging for ?

Coming soon

• Continued improvements to navigation for visually-impaired customers: mid-June
  • Playback controls including mute and volume numbers: June
  • Local music library search and playback: mid-June
  • Improved playback settings including Play Now: July
  • Create and edit local music library: July
  • Improved Autoplay settings: July
  • Improved Sub audio settings with Amp: July
  • Snooze alarms: TBD

They snoozed you alright...

June, July… August... Everything TBD !!!

This is September and every time I open my Sonos app, it tells me I have no system... Only to occasionally end up showing me my system. Little improvement so far. 

But donot read what I write, just read on here:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/sonos-is-failing-and-millions-of-devices-could-become-e-waste-why-open-source-audio-is-our-only-hope/