Product suggestion: WiFi speakers that actually connect!?

• 23 March 2024
  • 5 replies

When I bought my first Sonos speaker in 2010 or ‘12 I gave Sonos the benefit of the doubt. Company is new.. working out the kinks… but 14 years later and the newer devices I bought in 2018 still be struggling?? Occasionally people change their WiFi setup. Why must it be such an arduous task to get these damn WiFi speakers to connect to WiFi?!?!!

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

quit spending resources on beautifying the app… just make the speakers connect to the damn WIFI!!! Or Bluetooth, or WHATEVER… it boggles my mind that Tesla can update how a car drives over the air, as can apple, as can EVERY DAMN DEVICE I OWN… except Sonos, the WiFi speakers… don’t connect to WiFi!!!! 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

And so you post this fact three times on this community?

Bingo. Finally a sane voice in an obfuscatory gaslighting tech rabbit hole. I just tossed my Sonos Play:5 in the garbage can. Purchased a modestly priced bluetooth speaker to replace the technical turd. Yes I know as a long exasperated Sonos owner i have heard all the boring drivel of it's my fault because my up to date Xfinity modem doesn't meet Sonos standards. How Sonos stays in business is mindblowing BECAUSE THEY CAN NOT OR WILL NOT MAKE A WI FI SPEAKER THAT AN EARTHLING WITH A LIFE AND LIMITED FREE TIME CAN EASILY CONNECT.

When I bought my first Sonos speaker in 2010 or ‘12 I gave Sonos the benefit of the doubt. Company is new.. working out the kinks… but 14 years later and the newer devices I bought in 2018 still be struggling?? Occasionally people change their WiFi setup. Why must it be such an arduous task to get these damn WiFi speakers to connect to WiFi?!?!!

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

quit spending resources on beautifying the app… just make the speakers connect to the damn WIFI!!! Or Bluetooth, or WHATEVER… it boggles my mind that Tesla can update how a car drives over the air, as can apple, as can EVERY DAMN DEVICE I OWN… except Sonos, the WiFi speakers… don’t connect to WiFi!!!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Setting reserved ip addresses seems to resolve wifi connection problems for many that initially report wifi problems. Have you tried that, @Username44 ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Sorry to hear that you’re having some issues. 

For balance, to anyone reading this thread: I’ve changed ISP’s and therefore WiFi’s several times over the years I’ve owned Sonos gear and had very few issues. My system is stable and useable more than 99% of the time I want to use it. 

I recently added 2 Era’s to my system with no problem whatsoever.