Answered

Piratage système sonos / My neighbor hacked my Sonos

• 11 November 2023
  • 7 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

FRENCH :

Bonjour, 

Mon voisin a réussi a accéder à notre système sonos (play 5, sonos one, sonos roam) en se servant de Spotify. 

Il l’a déclenché en pleine nuit à 3h du matin en mettant la musique à fond. Cela a réveillé toute la famille.

Nous sommes en conflit avec lui, c’était donc une utilisation malveillante.

Sa box internet était visible dans le menu “gérer les réseaux”.

Quelle sont les solutions pour sécuriser l’accès à mes appareils ?? Je trouve ça incroyable qu’il ai réussi à se connecter à mon système sans autorisation.

Merci

ENGLISH :

Hello,

My neighbor managed to access our sonos system (play 5, sonos one, sonos roam) using Spotify.

He set it off in the middle of the night at 3 a.m., playing the music at full volume. It woke up the whole family.

We're in conflict with him, so it was malicious use.

His internet box was visible in the "manage networks" menu.

What can I do to secure access to my devices? I find it incredible that he managed to connect to my system withour autorization.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 11 November 2023, 11:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Your neighbour has access to your wifi network: change your password and SSID. To break the Spotify connection with your neighbours phone play something else on the speaker he has accessed.

‘Something else’ is any stream of music that is not from Spotify. 

Your neighbour has access to your wifi network: change your password and SSID. To break the Spotify connection with your neighbours phone play something else on the speaker he has accessed.

Thank you. 

Is it possible to access a detailed history of the devices connected to my system?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Only if your router allows you to. Most don’t.

Thank you very much,

my router tells me which devices have recently been connected. And there are two suspect iphones connected on the day of the intrusion.
I also have access to the MAC address, IPv4 and IPv6 of these devices.

Thank you very much,

my router tells me which devices have recently been connected. And there are two suspect iphones connected on the day of the intrusion.
I also have access to the MAC address, IPv4 and IPv6 of these devices.

I would perhaps ‘tread carefully’ as an iPhone may often have "Private Address” enabled in its mobile network connection properties and that results in ‘spoofed’ MAC addresses being used to connect to a network - the best advice is still to change your routers WiFi password. You could also perhaps enable MAC address filtering to allow just your own known device MAC addresses to connect to your local network.

Bonsoir.

il n’y a rien d’incroyable, vos autres voisins doivent aussi avoir accès à votre matériel Sonos et vu comme cela vous étonne, j’imagine que c’est carrément à tout votre réseau (tous ce qui n’est pas protégé ! ...j’espère que votre vie privée n’a pas été visionnée, vos mots de passe, compte bancaire,..!). Ce n’est pas du tout prudent car on pourrais vous faire bien pire que de mettre de la musique sur une enceinte.

Vous devez protéger, au plus vite , votre connexion wifi ( faites vous aider si vous ne savez pas comment procéder mais n’attendez pas) !!!