moving and removing sonis boxes permanently

• 31 December 2023
  • 3 replies

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply

We are moving within the UK and need to disconnect the boxes in our existing home and move them to new house. 

how do I disconnect permanently?  Are there special wires/cords I need to take with me to my new house for setup?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

What Sonos products (make/model) are they exactly? Also, are you moving from a Country outside the UK to within the UK?...or are you saying you’re in the UK already and simply just moving/staying within the UK?

I am not sure if the products. They are Sonos boxes for built in speakers in several rooms of the house. I also have one Sonos Move. 

We are relocating within the UK. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You’ve really got us guessing rather than being specific if you would tell us the models. 
By “boxes” do you mean complete units such as a Play:3 ? If so (there will be a label on the back or possibly the underside of them) you need the power cord. 
If they are built-in wall-or ceiling-speakers, fitted into “boxes” as a housing fitted into the cavities, you may need to consider them to be the type of item you need to leave in situ when you move (or else make good the holes when you remove them).

The Move will need its power/charging cable.