Answered

Moved House. Now I app can't find my system

• 15 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Moved to VA from PA. Plugged in soundbar using optical cable and it played TV feed. Plugged in sub and nothing. I tried using app to control everything but it can’t find my system at all.  I also have a couple small speakers for other rooms and I haven’t even tried to set those up yet as I’m working on the living room first.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 16 November 2023, 00:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Assuming (a) your Sonos system was connected to your original WiFi and (b) you now have a completely different WiFi name/password at the new house, why would anyone expect your speakers to magically connect to an unknown WiFi? 

Go here: https://support.sonos.com/article/connect-sonos-to-a-new-router-or-wi-fi-network

I’ve connected the WiFi countless times. Thanks for your help. You’re so kind

Working on this for two hours.

There is a FAQ about this, specifically the new router - installation instructions FAQ.

The quick ‘fix’, depending on what Sonos devices you have, is to connect a single Sonos device temporarily to your router with an Ethernet cable, and wait 5 minutes or so, before going in to the controller and telling your system the new WiFi SSID and password. Once that’s done, you can remove that Ethernet cable, and you should be good to go.