Blog

London Calling!

• 9 August 2023
  • 0 replies
London Calling!
Userlevel 5
Badge +11

In May I attended an event in London, where the Speakers Corner Quartet, in collaboration with Sonos, hosted an intimate preview launch of their recently released album 'Further Out Than the Edge' at Portico Studios.

Music is a powerful tool for amplifying our emotions - we all know that feeling when the hairs on our arms rise at a well-timed beat dropping or a sad song perfectly summing up our situationship. Scientifically known as “frisson” (more commonly known as “getting the chills”), this powerful emotional response triggers the release of dopamine in your brain that causes a wave of intensity washing over the body — an unfiltered moment of max emotion that leaves us feeling more. I love that feeling and I experienced it several times during the event in London.  

LH2h92iyj_TEkM7awRwlYmgiIpY_2s2URA0gRSf01j4yATiSr-3Pype5SF--JnnBZlWdH0euHTPAo1ODO4gTHeKpGD517IBCsHmexwv9aXAQVMI_t6x2tzuxOGsZid8-6gQvrTqizfV0MiA1oQRSugw

At this event, the guests experienced a spatial audio journey, hitting all the different senses, first encountering an installation of the band’s homemade robots that played instruments live in the backyard, which then led to a really cool, curated exhibition that gave us an insight into Sonos’ new speaker, the Era 300, while complementing the history and relationship of the band.

hG8U7inUXpiujVA4NbDK3Gs0xOIi__y9xv25DLVLucO_PIPZnP9Hk6q0x7Sc7Fs_GfRB4Salc49CkwZjea06skGd4yQoVqYXFhJNHggqc9ybQQCOPTob4WIcAVHWxhI7poq1fyQtn5ldNWQHpmjVAZM

pJt7JLJe0xhahTjHHb__cTR1z2VARwlj8BxVD5WPaNhaY9t-75UTdPShZrBZ-JKs_SngscwK4zodh1ADn-wRjcR9M5l0yDukkQgDic5N8DKgN3nMw4uALX0Ih1jg_ZsTaNFPr_55dIy1WKx1ga7VKnw

6iDE1H_pK9Nv6F7mRpGnFhGTOIcPHomBW8KfYlt0mMsEO1J_okB6uVqjIo59EVQkp3LvDevC6649JwLY7UweC0FG3ECOzQ46UkZFFb1x_WR-HHYPEEdDse6wDiua4XjgMVdwoE8nuCLQ2JZwT9SFPl84iWoDcwwZn1NmEQdKd27lLGlORljkkUFlxbI8LEI5zlxKv7kwAW4dIOXXClogZZ_5DnyQY6RV9GSgRtRGL-Vwjil-0CswN16AKpvqTUodeW7tkOr8JswPhsV2M2rhgPokpMOqX7Vp6hPdaJtjATEdpo_RhaIZlD4vsdx6AFYgpmBA9-zoimi0dNWnq2C0cgeDJIYsH0lCvjAEqShpnTN6_P2XScyN5pCrauCY8LYPFaMxDbU1kh7-_2_rLS4-4vpK-iGd1mqVuNBNc-zJyo8WPY7GzxgUsmRLQNtka6k_4jI5A

Fun fact: did you know that the Era screws have “Sonos ❤​​​​” etched into them?

uFITe75WB1ukAalRCDNC_SdZlAUzk7jYfxCE2-vnWl2VONALbvY1SW8opB72xxk6UlavPrQmxvWT3bJzjXILut3UjsCnxiq_LiDhKe1GqQeWVvycL6p1R0C8VsV2jqqG5zrfaG3nRt5HQKu7mfACDR8

pMy14UXJnK3i3oqMMVmYXTcZUE72FfOgRScL2WR_Y5oNt6miv2KON9N10jK4PnsBSmxjg7B7BRokAAXKMiVXahcE-KCC63gyOasQZum13sadtZUTLiNLLSmrAXS_d_fmMxCeeLT4MyAnI8m96fhnhhE

We had a fantastic opportunity to show off the power of Dolby Atmos with two different listening rooms (first for screening the music video with a home theatre set up of 1x Arc + 2x Era 300’s and the second area for audio playback on 2x Era 300’s) where people could to listen to the newly mixed tracks and experience them exclusively in an extra dimension to what they are generally used to.

xTjr_F2WSZJ3OsUWqlHdPje4SCxbqdhnJY1KtLlUAKf6r15-qZkzQROZKWDNF0Cdg3XA0RjvXywoFfB7GEz70VqU05f4Umv5fgdianlXGrQK_w7YovJ4Ub2PfLv9yNyVvq0jRmcBe5NbUQQdNKlGDYU

Guests also enjoyed a demo of 4x audio tracks ( Acute Truth, On Grounds, Fix, and Can We Do This), including an exclusive screening of ‘Topanga’ all mixed in Dolby Atmos by the Sonos Sound Experience team, which brought home the meaning of immersive listening and spatial audio. 

As they moved through Portico Studios (the band’s home from home), guests were greeted by a fragrance made by Deya (in collaboration with Speakers Corner Quartet), which revolves around Amyris, a fragrant wood from the Caribbean that speaks to a sense of journeying; imagining the growth of the tree from fresh sprouts to green shoots, to blossoming flowers, to traveling out to sea as "torchwood,” before returning to the soil and roots. 

b_BwA-rvzEqcpjZWobvcb0P1kj15kOJgBDmM3YGBBZa-l1bfCZnd9yt0EBpbH_WHZX5U0MN6y_nudXgfkHRNuoXQRh2EffNIh5L5An_595BgdvgFtnH6tiGY5eLmF7-jmP73c3ZzjSWMaw-23LGjNMY

At Sonos we strive to create sound experiences that satisfy experiences that are intimate, human and true to the artist’s intent. We are driven and inspired by innovations that can transform the way we listen, helping us feel more from the content we love. That’s why we are introducing Era 300 - our next generation of smart speakers built for the future of immersive listening. Era ushers in a whole new chapter for Sonos, epitomising our commitment to sound innovation, responsible design and a deep connection to the creator community.

To close out the evening, guests were led into the main hall, where the band was already lit by warm light that felt like an invitation into their world, where you could fully experience an intimate and immersive performance (with special guests that included Kae Tempest, Confucius MC, LEILAH, and Joe Armon-Jones).

3mDGz7mCG2l8urOqXayuJZ_HTEUK_UKKvIfCyr9pSoRUs-A-aVgvBXG-l39GksiQ91SgfGCM5t1fkHnypRltldB75UYml9kx_9cgfEwf-mfpxweso7cWa3W2a4N11QvhT8s3pfapiWdZFNfZkvxEwY4

Do you listen to Speakers Corner Quartet? Is this your first time hearing about them? Let us know what you think. I had personally never heard about them but I have got to now admit they have been put on my playlist.

Check out the cool video that was recorded during the event

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.