Anyone else experiencing delivery issues?

• 12 September 2017
  • 17 replies

ordered a playbase from sonos last week. got an email on the 7th to say it had shipped. No sign of it by the 11th, checked with the courier (DHL) who said they hadn't received it from the supplier yet.

contacted sonos, who said it must be a problem at the courier end, they well check and get back to me.

heard nothing back by today (12th), so rung them again. This time they tell me they are struggling with demand, mine has not been shipped, and they have no idea when it will be shipped.

I asked them why they had emailed me 5 days ago saying it had been shipped, they say that just means it has completed a certain stage at the warehouse, not that it has actually been shipped!

I asked to cancel my order, and was told this is not possible as it has "technically" shipped.

Not a happy bunny to put it mildly.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

17 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
That sucks, and it sounds like Sonos handled it poorly at every step. On the upside, they do have a nice return policy, so worst case the only one this will hurt is them. You can simply return it right when it arrives, but at that point it's probably worth testing it out to see if you like it.*

*assuming your region has same return policy as mine - DHL is an intl carrier after all
They said if I wanted to cancel, I should refuse delivery when that finally happens, although they couldn't tell me if that would be tomorrow or next month! I asked them if I could have another 15% off code so I could buy from another retailer, they told me they couldn't do that either ...
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
If you read your posts are you not having an entitled tantrum over something insignificant?
Whatever happened to allow 30 days for delivery...
I don't know where you're at, but if in the US, it's entirely possible that 2 recent hurricanes are causing delays in mishaps in shipping. Even if you don't live in effects areas, resources are being diverted, schedules changed, etc. I get that it's a concern, but I feel like it's a good time to have a little patience with the shipping/delivery industry and all that's related these days.
I don't know where you're at, but if in the US, it's entirely possible that 2 recent hurricanes are causing delays in mishaps in shipping. Even if you don't live in effects areas, resources are being diverted, schedules changed, etc. I get that it's a concern, but I feel like it's a good time to have a little patience with the shipping/delivery industry and all that's related these days.
I'm in the UK
If you read your posts are you not having an entitled tantrum over something insignificant?
Whatever happened to allow 30 days for delivery...
I placed my order a week ago. It was meant to be 2 days delivery. 5 days ago I was told it shipped, now I'm being told it hasn't shipped and they have no idea when it will ship. I'm also being told I can't cancel as it has technically shipped. I don't think I'm being unreasonable in being pissed off.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I placed my order a week ago. It was meant to be 2 days delivery. 5 days ago I was told it shipped, now I'm being told it hasn't shipped and they have no idea when it will ship. I'm also being told I can't cancel as it has technically shipped. I don't think I'm being unreasonable in being pissed off.

Perfectly reasonable to be pissed off. Perfectly unreasonable to be threatening order cancellation.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Perfectly unreasonable to be threatening order cancellation.

I don't know. If I feel like a company is jerking me around, I wouldn't want to reward them with a sale either.

I can't accurately speak for rudebhoy, but that doesn't mean I won't try 🙂. There's a big difference for me when something ships slowly due to unforeseen problems, and when a product that was marked 'shipped' fails to arrive and they can't even say when it will go out. This is why the best online retailers wait until they have their "hands" on a product before they charge you for it.

I'd add that Sonos has a terrible fulfillment system if they're unable to cancel an order that hasn't even been set for delivery.
Exactly the same for me. I want to progress and/or complain about a delivery of my Playbase. I purchesed 10 days ago based on 2 working days delivery. There is little or no progress on the tracking report. I have had no response to TWO e-mails. I have been on hold on the phone for 40 minutes. How can I find information if nobody will answer?
YES
my last post was removed.
I too have had big issues with my new play bar delivery.
Its two weeks now and the Sonos customer service response has been very poor.
I have it in email on the 14/09 that my order has not been shipped.
on calling this morning a refund of my money was refused and yet no shipping date can be confirmed.
The only explanation was that they had a larger take up on their offer which has caused issues.
Very poor service from what i thought were a good reputable firm and brand.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, our apologies for any delays.

Our promotion has been way better received than we ever hoped for and the team is pretty swamped with all the questions and requests, mostly the shipping issues are out of our European based location. We’re working through them all, but it’ll take some time. On top of the delay from processing the volume of requests, there was also a shipping glitch that wound up resulting in several orders needing to be reshipped.

We're taking steps to make sure this sort of issue doesn't come up again, and again our apologies for the delays. If you've asked any questions of the team, they'll be getting to you as soon as they can, and will be filling any pending requests still as well. Please feel free to give us a call on our sales line if you still have any trouble or questions.
I’m out $384 for non receipt of my connect. I paid extra for fed ex service for a @delivered” email. We were home. Nothing delivered
Got delivered email Tuesday. No box. Can’t get through. So pissed
Your issue may be with the delivery service, rather than Sonos, unless they've started driving around and delivering speakers on the side. Who was supposed to deliver it?
I got through yesterday called to express concern over non receipt by calling the sales number. Not a long wait on the phone They resolved to my satisfaction. I’m pretty pleased. I love the products. This is the right item of bought from them.