Answered

Upgrade

• 26 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

If i upgrade my play 5 gen 2 do I have to throw it away / trade it on or will they now let you continue to use / sell it on. 

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 26 August 2021, 14:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

You can continue to use your play:5, sell it, recycle it, as you wish.

Here’s more details about the program.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/upgrade

Badge

Cheers Danny,

I phoned Richer Sounds earlier and they are still asking for the play 5 to be left with them for recycling which is just a crazy waste of a perfectly good piece of kit

Cheers Danny,

I phoned Richer Sounds earlier and they are still asking for the play 5 to be left with them for recycling which is just a crazy waste of a perfectly good piece of kit

You apply for the upgrade credit through Sonos, not through a retailer.  I could wrong about this, but I believe you can only use the credit at Sonos.com as well.  Not 100% sure on that.  

It could be that Richer Sounds has their own upgrade/recycle program unrelated to Sonos upgrade program?

Badge

Hi Danny

Richer sounds are a Sonos partner so offer the same as on the Sonos site, but it seems the instruction to not recycle the product has not filtered down to the stores

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Danny

Richer sounds are a Sonos partner so offer the same as on the Sonos site, but it seems the instruction to not recycle the product has not filtered down to the stores

If any store is this ignorant about Sonos policy I would not recommend giving them any business.