Unable to add Pocket Casts account

• 29 March 2021
  • 2 replies

After Stitcher eliminated my favorites playlist, I started looking for an alternative podcast platform to use between Sonos, Windows and Android.  I hoped to try Pocket Casts Plus under their free trial period, but when I try to add the service to either my S1 or S2 system, I authorize my account via the web page and it says ‘success’, but when I return to the ‘Add a Service’ dialog in the app, it says ‘Account not found. Unable to add Pocket Casts account.’

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Makes me wonder if Pocket Casts is returning the correct value in the API to the Sonos to tell Sonos that your account is valid. Wouldn’t be the first time a company has added a feature, and forgotten to update their server that they use to tell Sonos data.

Have you checked with Pocket Casts? 

In the meantime, it might be helpful to a Sonos rep looking in to the issue if you were to post a diagnostic number, so that they could see what the Sonos controller is receiving from Pocket Casts. If the issue was on the Sonos end of things, that would likely help them immensely in tracking down the issue. 

I’m having exactly the same issue.  The diagnostic number is 1871112341

Pocket Casts says “success” but Sonos app says “Account not found”.