Tidal search no longer working within Sonos 2 App

• 23 January 2021
  • 7 replies

So when I search for Artists, Albums or Songs within the Sonos app, I get no results from Tidal or Spotify. 

E.g. search for Beatles and nothing. 

However when I search Playlists I get results from both Tidal and Spotify. I have tried chatting with support but getting terrible customer service and nobody is responding to me.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have tried authorizing again, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and I have rebooted the router, nothing solves this. It is happening n multiple devices

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Paolo74.

Welcome to the Sonos community. Thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know about your concern. We appreciate your effort in taking the time to resolve this issue. I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t get a response from our chat team but let me help you and figure out what's happening.

First, I'd like to ask questions to isolate the issue.

• When did the issue start happening?
  • Any changes that happened on the network? New router or new WiFi name and password?
  • Aside from Tidal and Spotify, do you also experience the same issue on your other music services?
  • Have you tried removing and re-adding the music services on the Sonos app?
  • Have you tried using another mobile controller?

I’d be glad if you can provide details about the issue. Also, please submit a diagnostic report to further check and investigate the issue. Just don’t forget to include the confirmation number in your response.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks for responding

Answers below

1  not sure exactly but fairly recently

2 no

3 I mainly only use tidal I have Spotify but don’t have others

4 yes.…

5yes

so I have already gone through all this twice, I have submitted diagnostics and was chatting with someone when the connection was lost. I got back in chat and was told the person would get back in touch with me…..over a week ago.

case number is 02531098

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Do you have a network filter or something installed (eg a Pi Hole)?

No

Still. No. Response.

terrible

terrible

“Customer” service

You say you rebooted the router, but try with a system refresh:

1. Power off Sonos speakers
  2. Reboot router
  3. Wait until the router has fully rebooted, then power on Sonos speakers

This once solved a similar issue for me, hopefully it does for you too.

Thanks but tried and did not work