Tidal Master quality on sonos

• 26 October 2021
  • 5 replies

The songs master quality from TIDAL aplication downgraded when connected to Sonos speakers. The same efect appear if I connected to Sonos one speaker or to Sonos ARC + SUB + 2 Sonos one.
The quality is downgraded from Master to HIFI.
A year ago, I've read at the comunity forum that it going to be fix at S2, but it not heappend yet.
When sonos will support TIDAL's master quality? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

When sonos will support TIDAL's master quality? 

If you mean MQA, my guess is that the answer is "never". 

I'm very disappointed from this hight end system.

Simple and cheap speakers support MQA

Don't be disappointed. You are better off without it. As is Sonos. There are a hundred possible developments that are more worthwhile than adding support for MQA, so I hope @ratty is correct.

Simple and cheap speakers support MQA

Why on earth would they want to do that? I can’t imagine a cheap speaker being able to reproduce ultrasonics, lossy or otherwise. 

Perhaps there’s a misunderstanding of what MQA purports to do, and the level of criticism it’s attracted from highly respected quarters of the industry, on both technical and commercial grounds. 

There are a hundred possible developments that are more worthwhile than adding support for MQA

That assumes Sonos have only one hundred such potential projects. :wink: