Sonos Radio outside the home

• 7 February 2021
  • 3 replies

I’m considering paying for the Sonos radio subscription. I already pay for ITunes streaming. I like the Sonos stations. My one hesitation is that there doesn’t appear to be a way to listen to Sonos radio outside of my house. Is there an app that would allow me to access my subscription while on the road?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Sleave26

Welcome to the Sonos community. Thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know about your concern. Let me share some information with you.

Sonos Radio is an internet radio service available exclusively on Sonos. With a subscription to Sonos Radio HD, you can access premium features such as high-definition audio quality, access to more exclusive original content, unlimited skips, and ad-free music. You can stream on Sonos Radio using the Sonos app. Sonos Radio is not accessible if you’re not connected to your Sonos system. This feature is not available with Sonos. What I can do is to pass along your interest to our engineers. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have further questions, additional feature requests, or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

I agree that this is one of the big negatives with Sonos HD Radio and have iTunes as well. I just have learned that it’s my house music as we enjoy several of the stations and listen quite regularly. 

Are there any updates on whether Sonos Radio is going out and about yet. I have a Move and am thinking of adding a Roam for more portability. It makes no sense having Sonos equipment you can’t get Sonos Radio on unless you are at home! It should be possible to have a section in the app that works over 4/5G and allows you to stream over Bluetooth. As it’s in the app it would be connected to your account.