Sonos Radio HD not working

• 13 November 2020
  • 27 replies

I just signed up for the Sonos Radio HD service. 

When I go to browse the Sonos Radio music service there has been no change and I can't see any of the HD radio stations. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

My whole system has been upgraded to S2 and my Sonos account is based in the UK. 

Thanks. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

I haven’t signed up so I’m not overly familiar with it, but I did trigger on the ‘account is based in the UK”. Are you physically in the UK? I could easily guess they might be doing geolocation checks based on things other than where your account is based.

“US-based” account in the States but not working where I am. This is the first service to do this to me… and I have a lot of subscriptions. 

Badge

You should have get an email saying

As soon as your app updates with access to Sonos Radio HD, start exploring our new stations and exclusive original content.

so just wait a few hours. The top of Sonos Radio changes to

welcome to Sonos Radio HD

when complete. You may have to unplug your radios.

Wait a few hours?  :)   Did your programmers write the back-end system in Perl on an old Windows NT server with a Sqlsever database?    That S*** should be real-time after paying.

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the community guidelines.*

Badge

I agree, Sonos seem to have lost the plot this year

Nope, I can’t get it to work after 24 hours of subscribing .

It’s not on the music services list with all the other services and the click through ‘up grade now’ button does nothing .

I’ve had Sonos since it came out but this is baffling me.

Perhaps someone from Sonos would be kind enough to elaborate since they’ve drummed up a media hype about a product we can’t use!! 

I also just signed up. I get the welcome to HD radio and now see a little logo on the stations that says “HD Radio” but I can’t hear a difference, can’t skip or replay and still have commercials. So my assumption is that is not working. 

Same issue with me - states HD radio on the app, but not HD sound / still adds / no fast forward.

I signed-up this morning!

Badge +1

Even last night, everything was working fine for me.

This morning, even though I see the HD logos on the cover screen and the individual stations, once I start a station, it’s the same original’radio’ experience with ads, no skipping, etc. Imagine my [air quote] HORROR when I heard a Progressive Insurance commercial right after a Carole King throwback.

I’ve tried restarting the app, etc. Restarting my router is a non-starter (pardon the pun). No CHAT peeps are available at Sonos the last rime I checked.

Userlevel 2
Badge

When I go to browse the Sonos Radio music service there has been no change and I can't see any of the HD radio stations. 

My whole system has been upgraded to S2 and my Sonos account is based in the UK. 

Thanks. 

Did you update your app?

With all the posts today on the subject I suggest there is some technical issue from Sonos side……..

Thanks. 

Did you update your app?

Yes I did. I am on the latest version. Even though my account was originally setup when I was living in the uk I now no longer live there and have since moved out. 

I am not sure if Sonos is Geoblocking or not but if so then that might be my issue. 

Badge +1

On my end, HD is working again.

I’ve experienced a few bouts of intense buffering - something I don’t get with any other service, including Amazon Music HD, and the FLAC stream from Radio Paradise.

This afternoon, I was getting about 500 down to my house on wireless. So THAT’S not the issue.

Whatever AI technology they’re using to smooth segues and work in ID banners, is awesome.

And it’s radio. Therefore I like the ID banners, bumpers, whatever...

Hi All,

Same here, the individual stations say HD but the content has ads, can’t skip and the sound is no different.

What really annoyed me, is without notice, free Sonos Radio stopped working. An then to get it working, learn you now have to pay a monthly fee, and then nothing works in the set up. Tried re-loading app and it still won’t work. I understand having to pay for content, but this tech problem and the way it was rolled out is really bad. Sonos, you can do better. 

Same here, I signed up to Sonos HD on Friday and I can only see the banner at the top saying “Enjoy Sonos HD”. The stations display hd on the thumbnail but I’m still getting adverts and I can’t skip tracks. I thought I was alone until saw this thread. This has been implemented really badly.

I unplugged all of my devices as suggested above and it now works. 

That’s right OliReb, what a nightmare to get it to work! I’ve done the same and I’m up and running also 

Badge +1

Mine blanked out again last night and went back to plain radio, versus HD. I haven’t checked it this morning since the rest of the house is still sleeping.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I signed up a couple of days ago. I can skip tracks going forward but can’t skip back. Also I can’t find where the tracks list is on each curated and compiled stations which means I have to skip to find the ones I like. I can find a list of tracks played but assume I am being a bit dim in that I can’t find a list of tracks .. Help anyone please?

I paid for Sonos Radio HD 3 days ago.

I’ve updated everything (or checked its the most recent)

Still getting lots of ads, can’t skip.  There appears to be more stations but not one of the functions they advertise works.

I am am missing something i have no idea what it is.  And for whatever its worth I find Sonos support about the worst in the world. Its too bad because I love their products.

Badge +1

I paid for Sonos Radio HD 3 days ago.

I’ve updated everything (or checked its the most recent)

Still getting lots of ads, can’t skip.  There appears to be more stations but not one of the functions they advertise works.

I am am missing something i have no idea what it is.  And for whatever its worth I find Sonos support about the worst in the world. Its too bad because I love their products.

I finally took the plunge and rebooted, by unplugging and replugging the seven distinct pieces of Sonos HW in our house. So far, so good!

After I posted that I actually did the same and appears to have updated.  Thanks man!

Badge +1

NP. Don’t quite understand why one need do this.

Clearing the cache...?

Badge +3

I also just signed up. I get the welcome to HD radio and now see a little logo on the stations that says “HD Radio” but I can’t hear a difference, can’t skip or replay and still have commercials. So my assumption is that is not working. 

I had the same issue. I called Sonos support today and the fix was a simple one for them. What they had to do was reboot my entire speaker system. It only took about a minute for the rep to complete and then everything started working perfectly. From what I gather, the speakers weren’t getting the notice that I’ve upgraded to HD Radio even though my S2 app recognized that I had. I don’t know if we can reboot our system from the app or if it’s done simply by unplugging and plugging all the speakers.