Sonos Libraries

• 14 August 2021
  • 6 replies

I recently started a free trial of Apple Music. I have an iTunes library of about 32,500 tracks which are currently being uploaded to the Apple Music cloud.

I have downloaded a couple of albums from Apple Music which appear in my iTunes library and in the Apple Music library, but, do not appear in the main Sonos library.

Is this usual?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Have you set up the local library?

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/257?

Hi Bruce,

Yes, I have set up the local library which is a complete version of my iTunes library save for the coupe of albums that I have downloaded from Apple Music which, on Sonos, only appear in the Apple Music library. Another problem is that on the Apple Music library whenever I attempt to play all songs on shuffle I see “error 1002”.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Neil.

Have you checked the FAQ for that error?

Hi Bruce,

Yes, I have tried all the tips set out. I also went on the Sonos chat line and the conclusion was that a library of 32,000 tracks was too large to cope with shuffle. I can live with just having shuffle on the main Sonos library.

However, I still want to know whether tracks downloaded from Apple Music and shown in my iTunes library should also appear in the main Sonos library and not just in the Apple Music library on Sonos.

Do you have any knowlegde or experience of this?

Cheers,

Neil.

Sonos considers all libraries to be separate. It will not recognize that some of the local files are the same as the cloud files. There is no ‘cross talk’ between various sources. 

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your response the contents of which are duly noted. However, I don’ t think that your comment explains why the albums downloaded from Apple Music appear in my iTunes library but not in my local library on Sonos.

I have merged my iTunes library with Apple Music and, As II understand it, all my iTunes library in now cloud based.

Regards,

Neil.