Sonos app on Android: How to see my playlists?

• 13 September 2021
  • 33 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Sonos One + Android phone with large flac libary on phone.

I have a lot of playlists in my Android music player (Black Player EX)

How do I play these playlists in the Sonos app?

I SEE all my music, and I see my playlists in the Sonos Playlist area, but the playlists show no tracks, and when I try to play them I get an error: “Unable to add songs to the Queue”

My music library is on an SD card, not the phone’s native storage.

Right now, on Sonos I am confined to playing albums and tracks. That works fine, but I NEED MY PLAYLISTS TO ALSO WORK.

I have no other source of music. Please tell me how to solve this!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @SamJones6 

The permissions certainly seem right.

When you used VNC and another phone, were you still exporting playlists as M3U, or did you leave them as Android playlists? There could be a difference.

Although we are aware of the issue, it does not happen in all circumstances. I was trying to help you fix it so that you can find some way of listening to your playlists before we get round to fixing it in software - you mentioned your phone is your only source of music.

Due to the inconsistencies of this issue, we would appreciate you calling in to our technical support team so we can create a case and take some details and diagnostics - we are still investigating, so this would serve to help us help you. I completely understand if you don’t wish to spend further time on this, however, and I appreciate the time you’ve already spent.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

» When you used VNC and another phone, were you still exporting

» playlists as M3U, or did you leave them as Android playlists? There could be a difference.

Yes?

Here is the workflow in detail:

Phone #1 -- Sony Experia, music on SD card:

• Black player EX, native playlists: Sonos SEES playlists created in Black Player, symptoms described in detail above on this thread
  • Black player EX, exported M3U playlists: Sonos SEES exported M3Us, symptoms as described in detail above on this thread
  • VLC Player, native playlists: See write up above on this thread

Phone #2: Pixel 3, Music on internal storage (phone does not support SD card)

• Black Player: native playlists: Sonos DOES NOT see playlists at all
    • Did not try exporting playlists

» Due to the inconsistencies of this issue, we would appreciate you

» calling in to our technical support team

I am happy to consider this, but I am NOT happy to start the conversation from zero

If you have a ticket number, and have fully painted it up internally, so a call in will directly move to gathering further info, I am happy to help. If there is ANY chance of simply spending all the time AGAIN, I am not interested.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @SamJones6 

I completely understand. In fact, I think the only further piece of information we need is the Android version on your phone(s). Please let me know, and I’ll set all that up so that we won’t need you to call us at all.

Thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

» Android version on your phone(s).

Phone 1, main phone: Sony Xperia, Android Version 10

Phone 2, referenced above, Google Pixel 3, Android Version 11

If any other info is needed, pls advise.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@SamJones6 

Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@Corry P 

Say Corry,

I am moving to a new apartment soon, and am not sure if I want to set it up with Sonos, given this issue.

Is there a sense whether this will be fixed in the near term (weeks) or longer term (months+) ?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @SamJones6 

I’m afraid I have no timeline to share.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@Corry P 

Yeah, I know how that goes.