Question

shine FM 88.9Why is Sonos radio not playing SHEIN FM 88.9 in Calgary any longer I’ve been listening to it and as of yesterday it says it’s no longer available

• 16 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Why is Sonos radio not playing SHEIN FM 88.9 in Calgary any longer I’ve been listening to it and as of yesterday it says it’s no longer available

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Rhondamonteiro,

Welcome to the Sonos community. Thank you for reaching out to us and for bringing this concern.

Let me share this with you. Sonos Radio has global terrestrial radio available powered by partners. The SHINE FM 88.9 radio station might be not available on Sonos Radio, but as an alternative, this may be working and available on other radio services.

Here are the steps that you can follow on how you can listen again to your radio station.

1. Check TuneIn to see if the station is available. 
    • Note: New systems will require TuneIn to be added.
  2. If the station is unavailable on TuneIn, check other Radio services:
    • Global Player
    • iHeart Radio
    • Radio.com
    • Radio.net
    • Radioplayer
    • Absolute Radio 
  3. You can also try to add the streaming URL in the Sonos app. First, you need to contact the station you wish to add directly is often the easiest way of finding the Streaming URL. Just make sure the stream is of one of the compatible formats; MP3, AAC or WMA.
    • Using the Sonos App for iOS or Android:
      • From the Browse tab, select Radio by TuneIn
      • Tap My Radio Stations
      • Tap the three dots in the top right and tap Add New Radio Station
      • Enter the Streaming URL and Station Name and tap OK

Let us know how it goes. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you.