Answered

Rova stations dropping out again

• 1 November 2021
  • 1 reply

After being stable for a few months Rova stations are starting to drop out again.  After about an hour of playing correctly they start having 1 second-ish drop outs.

Stopping and starting the stream solves the problem for another hour.  (Buffer starvation?)

Not sure if this is a Sonos or Rova setup issue but it is very annoying. 

Anybody got any ideas? I can’t find a direct support contact address for Rova so I cannot send the issue to them either. 

Regards

Brian

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 2 November 2021, 00:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

When I look at the “View real-time service status” link, the only degraded service I see at this moment in time is Yandex Music (something I’ve equally never heard of as Rova).

If it’s not “simple” wifi interference , I’d suggest that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of recreating the error, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.