Answered

recovering earlier version of playlist?

• 22 August 2021
  • 4 replies

A few minutes ago, I accidentally saved a new playlist with the name of an older Sonosplaylist, copying over the old list. Anyone know of a way to recover the earlier version of the old playlist? 

icon

Best answer by Rozzie 22 August 2021, 23:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

There is no way to recover. By accident do you have a similar or older version of the overwritten Playlist that is still available?

I do have an older version - prob about 50% there. What a shame that there’s no recovery option, though. 

In case this comes up for anyone else, I was able to resolve this issue through a stroke of luck. I had the full old version of the playlist pausedon a speaker that was not on at the time I accidentally replaced it. I chose that speaker in System and then saved the playlist. Problem solved! 

HELP  I have called Sonos Tech Support 4 times and they cannot find out whats wrong with me not being able to open playlist from “my music” folder. I’ve tried the 900 error resolution with no luck. Then they said I need to get Windows 10, no good. Then I tried taking out Sonos on Android and PC and starting from scratch and still nothing. The playlists show on the screen, but no artwork and I get an error message when I try to play a song, and it says to remove this service from Sonos,, or the other error message says unable to connect to PC. This happened about a year ago, but the one lady tech at Sonos could figure out the problem, now no one at Sonos seems to have a clue as to the problem. I have plenty of memory and I can play Spotify,, etc. Hope someone can give me clue as to what has happened.