Answered

Qobuz Sweden

• 19 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Qobuz opened up in Sweden last week and I have an account. But Qobuz music service is not available in Sonos setup. Any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 19 April 2021, 10:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Qobuz on Sonos is currently limited to certain countries/areas it appears. Please see this link of where it is available:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1782

Thanks for your answer Ken! I see, but the article refer to where Qobuz itself is available and the information is old since Qobuz now is available in other countries too, for example in Sweden. I suppose there can be  a delay before Sonos activate the service in the new Qobuz countries. 

Thanks for your answer Ken! I see, but the article refer to where Qobuz itself is available and the information is old since Qobuz now is available in other countries too, for example in Sweden. I suppose there can be  a delay before Sonos activate the service in the new Qobuz countries. 

Note the Sonos article isn’t referring to the Qobuz music service per se, it’s referring to the ‘Qobuz music service embedded within the Sonos App’.

Such services presumably are put in place by agreements between Sonos & Qobuz and my understanding is its Qobuz that implement/maintain the service.

I assume ‘user-demand’ and infrastructure may have to be in place for it to happen. Such services are expanding into other Countries all the time, but Sonos rarely, if ever announce their development roadmap, particularly with partners involved. So it pays to sometimes make a request to both (Qobuz and Sonos) and then see if there is the ‘will’ for them to make it happen in your Country (Sweden).

Thanks for answer! I also got an answer from Sonos that this is an functional upgrade available at end of April in Sweden. A related question I asked Qobuz is if there are any plans to integrate Sonos in the Qobuz app (like Spotify Connect). The answer was “Indeed, that is a feature we are hoping to bring to our users in the very near future. However, I don't have a timeline that I can currently share with you.”