Answered

Playing my playlist in Apple music app

• 30 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi, 

Today I’ve been listening to my Apple Music playlist via the Sonos Apple Music service (NOT streamed via AirPlay 2).

I noticed that some songs were louder than others during playback and I know that if I was streaming from my phone they’d be at the same volume with sound check enabled (which it is on my phone).

Is there an equivalent function in the Sonos settings that will achieve the same as Apple’s sound check?  If there was I’d not have to keep upping and lowering the volume.

Cheers

Whingbag 

icon

Best answer by Kumar 31 March 2022, 03:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Perhaps see this previous thread on volume normalisation of tracks on Sonos…

Is there an equivalent function in the Sonos settings that will achieve the same as Apple’s sound check?  If there was I’d not have to keep upping and lowering the volume. 

Unfortunately, there isn't any such. You will see the same problem in the Spotify app, even when you use the native Spotify app for music play on Sonos with volume normalisation enabled. Normalisation works only when the phone plays either via its speakers or via Airplay/Bluetooth.