PC Doesn't Respond When Pairing with iTunes Media Library

• 5 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

I’ve recently does some major edits and updates to my iTunes media library. I disconnected the link between Sonos and the media library with the intent of reconnecting and doing a fresh download of the updated media library. When I attempt to establish to link between the Windows 10 PC and the Sonos controller app, the error message says the PC is not responding.

I am certain the path to the computer on the network is correct. The username I enter is what shows up on the PC screen when I power up the computer. The password I enter is the one I use to log into Windows. The media library is set up in iTunes to be shared. 

I tried to establish the link with the virus protection disabled as well as turned on.

Any ideas for establishing the connection?

Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @nextleveldan, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos Community!

Have there been any other changes since the library was working with Sonos? Are you adding the music library via the Sonos app on a mobile device, or the same PC that stores the music?

Certain ISPs also provide a feature similar to BTs Web Address Help, which can interfere when adding the Music Library, you can find here some instructions to disable that feature for BT, Virgin Media, and TalkTalk.

Let us know if any of this helps - it may also be worth reaching out to our Support Team for some more in depth troubleshooting, as they have more tools available for investigating the issue :)

Badge

Thanks for your response. In answer to your questions, I am adding songs to my the iTunes Library on my not and not making additions on Sonos. I will reach out to the Support Team.