Answered

Music Library issues "No selections available" from Nvidia Shield

• 16 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,

I'm trying to access music stored on a USB in my Nvidia Shield but keeps getting "No selections available" I'm trying to update Music index but nothing, I can access it through Plex but not sure what the quality is like with them being FLAC on the USB. Any 😣 would be appreciated 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 18 April 2022, 10:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Greg1988 

Thanks for your post!

If you haven’t already, I recommend you try removing the share from Sonos completely and adding it again. I recommend you do this from a PC/Mac if you can - it’s a good bit easier. Please also verify the path to your shared music is correct, if you’re forced to use a phone/tablet.

A reboot of all devices involved - including your router - may be in order. Turn Sonos, your Shield and your router off. Once the router has been off for at least 30 seconds, turn it back on and wait 3-5 minutes for WiFi to return. Once it does, turn on the Shield and once it has fully booted up (including it mounting the USB drives which can take another minute after boot), turn on Sonos and try again.

Playing FLACs via Plex on Sonos shouldn’t affect the quality at all (unless Plex has been told to restrict the streaming bitrate), so that’s always an option.

I happen to have a Shield myself, but don’t have any shares on it for music. If the above doesn’t help, I’ll try setting something up on it to compare with your results.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,

I removed it and restarted me Shield and worked straight away. Must have been me doing something wrong.

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Greg1988 

Must have been me doing something wrong.

Well, don’t be too hard on yourself - it may have just been the reboot that fixed it.

I’m glad to hear you got it working though - thanks for updating your progress here!

Wondering if the issue could have also been with the router losing track of the IP address or something.  Assuming you’re using a reserved address, rebooting the shield would have caused the router to reassign the correct IP?