Answered

Incomplete music library sync from itunes

• 5 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I purchases a classical concerto album from itunes that has 7 tracks - the first concerto has 4 tracks, and the second concerto has 3. When I update my music library on Sonos, I get 4 tracks: movements 1, 2 & 4 of the first concerto, and movement 3 from the second. From reading the support topics, it looks like either the whole album gets imported, or none of it does. How can I get all seven tracks into Sonos?

icon

Best answer by John B 7 February 2021, 10:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @dmbyrnes

Thanks for reaching out to the Sonos community and letting us know about your concern. To check why some of the tracks not showing in your music library, let me ask a few questions to help you out.

• Any changes in the network recently?
  • Did you try removing and re-adding your music library?
  • Have you tried hardwiring one of your speakers to your router and update your music library?
  • Did you check the sharing permissions on your computer?
  • Did you check the firewall configuration on your computer?
  • Try to reboot your computer and check again.
  • If you have an antivirus installed on your computer, you may check the firewall configuration settings to ensure that it's not blocking Sonos.

Please keep us posted on how it goes and let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thanks for your message. I’ve just tried removing and re-adding my itunes library, but had the same results after the add finished indexing - 4 out of seven tracks after updating. I haven’t changed the network, or sharing permissions, or the firewall. But if any of those things make a difference, why would four tracks from this album be available on Sonos, and the other three tracks not?

I will try moving the router and hard-wiring between it and my pc (where my itunes library is), then hard-wiring a speaker, and see if that makes a difference.

Several previous similar problems have turned out to be corrupted files from iTunes, the solution being to redownload the files. The next most likely explanation is errors in the file tags (metadata).

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thanks, John. It looks like you are on the right track. I removed the album from my itunes library, then redownloaded it. When it finished downloading the seven tracks (they are all there in itunes), I updated my music library - and this time there are FIVE tracks. Still 1, 2 & 4 tracks of the first concerto, but now I have 2 as well as 3 of the second. I think the key is to keep removing, redownloading, and then updating in Sonos.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hey John - I kept doing it and doing it, and eventually all seven tracks are there! Thank you!!