Folder Sort Order

• 13 February 2021
  • 2 replies

I am once again asking if there is anyway to sort folders in the music library independently?  For my podcasts I want it sorted by name, for music by song number.  I asked this question a year ago.  Others have asked for this earlier.  I’m still using S1...is this any different in the new controller?  If not, all I can say is this is really bad that something like this hasn’t been implemented.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

No. File playback hasn’t changed in a very long time, so IMHO is unlikely to ever. The last change was to add the SonosLibraryService to avoid the SMB issue, but that didn’t add any actual features. Also Sonos has never supported sorting of any kind of music data.

S1 and S2 are identical in this area. In most areas in fact, outside of the new hardware support.

That is disappointing.  Between this and the lack of proper audiobook support, it seems Sonos is not bothering with advancements for people with local libraries.