Answered

CBC stations missing from native app, TuneIn not a viable alternative

• 23 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

It would seem that quite frequently most of the CBC Music On Air stations disappear, the CBC Radio One stations seem to be unaffected. Specifically I frequently listen to On Air Pacific and use it for my wake up alarm. While I know that I can access this station via TuneIn, there’s two problems with that. Typically when you start a stream from a TuneIn station, they play that loud “Tune IN!” clip at the start akin to Netflix’s launch noise, this is not exactly how I want to be woken up but would prefer a soft fade in of whatever CBC is broadcasting. Secondly, I’ve noticed that when I use the TuneIn stream, not long after we start listening, it will start to suffer from audio drops every 30 seconds or so which makes for a terrible listening experience.

If I browse to CBC’s website, the streams missing from Sonos are available so I can’t help but wonder if the Sonos app has a timeout set wherein the music service’s list of offerings loads and this timeout is simply too low or CBC’s response time is too high.

icon

Best answer by controlav 24 March 2022, 14:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Get a direct URL for your stream and add that to your Sonos system, taking TuneIn directly out of he loop. I can’t see the station you describe on their web site myself.

Or try a different radio aggregator eg radio.net.