CBC app in Sonos suddenly stopped functioning properly

• 10 March 2021
  • 1 reply

I have added the CBC app into my Sonos app and until now have been able to listen to stations from across Canada. Last week Radio 2 stations disappeared and now all stations have disappeared. I can still use the streaming services, but I want to be able to listen to talk radio and news. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Sonos app and still nothing. Everything is functioning fine in my CBC app. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I'm becoming increasingly annoyed by Sonos. I've already had to get a new phone because suddenly my android system was too outdated with the new update in January, and now I can't easily play my favourite stations. At this rate I'm going to have the most expensive paperweights soon. If it can't add stations, there should be a way of connecting whatever I have on my phone to the speakers- even if it's an aux cord.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

So, there are two possibilities. One you have control over, the other only the CBC does, not Sonos.

On your side, I’d start with a refresh of your network. Unplug all your Sonos devices from power. While they are unplugged, reboot your router. When the router comes back up, plug back in your Sonos devices, and wait a couple of minutes for them to boot up before testing.

Since Sonos merely points to a server provided by the CBC, they have no control over what streams are available on that server. So, if the stream isn’t there, your best bet would be to contact the CBC and determine if it is a technical issue, or a choice the CBC has made not to include that content.

If those stations provide an internet stream that is not password protected, you could always add it as a direct link, using the information found in the setting up an internet radio station FAQ.