Answered

Big Sur and Music App

• 9 February 2021
  • 3 replies

hi has anybody else been experiencing problems with Sonos and the new Music app that replaced iTunes. I can no longer import playlists created on the Music app to Sonos.

Sonos no longer recognises .xml files generated by the app.

I’ve tried both the ‘iTunes Music Library.xml’ as generated automatically by the Music app  and individual playlists as .xml from Music but Sonos won’t read them.

If I place an old iTunes generated .xml into the Sonos folder it reads it and updates the library accordingly so I know there isn’t a problem with where I’m placing files.

Any solutions anyone?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 10 March 2021, 14:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I stand corrected it does read the ‘iTunes Music Library.xml’ it just takes ages to update the library!

I stand corrected it does read the ‘iTunes Music Library.xml’ it just takes ages to update the library!

May I ask where you saved the xml file? And do you still have the .musiclibrary file (which I understand is the new library file format for the apple music app)?

My sonos S1 app can read my music files but doesnt import the playlists… as the .musiclibrary format is not supported by sonos I exported the library as .xml but it doesnt recognize it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Milkman286 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

The marked Best Answer on this topic describes the current situation with Sonos, the Apple Music app and the .xml files, and there’s additional info in the other replies:

Should you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to ask.