Answered

Apple Playlist Not Showing Up

• 7 April 2022
  • 4 replies

I have a curated playlist on my iphone app that I have added to my playlists. I’ve downloaded the entire catalogue and even created an additional playlist (a copy of the original) on the app. None of these are showing up on Sonos. I searched for the curated list on Sonos, and it showed up in the search. However, when I clicked on the list it was empty.

Any suggestions? I’ve seen old threads talking about the difference between iTunes and Apple Music, but surely that silliness has been solved with Sonos after two years.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 8 April 2022, 10:17

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @austinbarrow 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

When you mention your iPhone App, are you referring to the Apple Music app? I’m going to assume so. I’m also going to assume that you are using the Apple Music section of your Sonos app and not the Music Library section.

Please try removing your Apple Music account from Sonos, and add it back on again:

Remove a music service account from Sonos

Add a music service to Sonos

Once done, please check your Apple Music playlists again. If that hasn’t helped, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system.

If my assumptions above were wrong, please provide details. Thanks.

I hope this helps.

It’s not clear where this playlist points to, but if it is pointing to music stored locally on your phone, Sonos won’t have access to that. The only Apple playlists that would function from within Sonos are those that point at music stored in the Apple ‘cloud’. Apple restricts Sonos ability to ‘see’ music stored on your mobile device, and forces the use of AirPlay 2 to use it, which means the use of Apple’s music software then being pushed to the Sonos system. 

This may or may not apply to your situation, but I was triggered by your ‘I’ve downloaded the entire catalogue’ statement. 

Hi @austinbarrow 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

When you mention your iPhone App, are you referring to the Apple Music app? I’m going to assume so. I’m also going to assume that you are using the Apple Music section of your Sonos app and not the Music Library section.

Please try removing your Apple Music account from Sonos, and add it back on again:

Remove a music service account from Sonos

Add a music service to Sonos

Once done, please check your Apple Music playlists again. If that hasn’t helped, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system.

If my assumptions above were wrong, please provide details. Thanks.

I hope this helps.

Thanks that all worked and assumptions were all correct. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @austinbarrow 

Thanks that all worked and assumptions were all correct. 

I’m glad to hear it, and thanks for updating the thread!