Answered

Amazon Music searching in Sonos App

• 13 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi

After the recent update I have tried to play Atmos music on my Arc. Searching for ‘Dolby Atmos’ on Amazon music via the sonos app on my iphone I get no results. If I do the same on the Amazon Music app I get a playlist ‘Best of Dolby Atmos’. Even if i specifically search via the Sonos app for a playlist ‘Best of Dolby Atmos’ i get no results. Can anyone help please?

icon

Best answer by GC3 14 December 2021, 21:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

For now you’ll need to search for Atmos on the Amazon native app, and either mark music of interest as a ‘favourite’ or pop it into a playlist. 

Thanks for the response ratty - is this a known bug / limitation of the Sonos App?

No idea. The search is implemented by the service’s back-end servers so it may just be a current limitation of the interface between the Sonos controller and Amazon.

To be frank I personally didn’t find a huge amount of content mixed into Atmos which appealed, but it obviously depends on one’s taste. It’s early days anyhow. New stuff could well appear in multiple formats. Back-catalogues will surely only be remixed slowly, if at all, as and when older content gets remastered.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

In the Amazon Music app, they added “spatial” in seach by category. With various subcategories so you can find newly released or remastered atmos albums. Excellent or at least useful functionality.

Unfortunately still have to go back to Sonos app to initiate a search for album or artist, select desired music, then add album to My Sonos.  This appears the shortest path to actual listening again later, when the thought occurs.

Userlevel 7

The Sonos search always feels cumbersome and doesn’t give you any indication of what Audio Quality will play, albeit it should be the highest available.

I’d stick with creating a Playlist in Amazon Music, then accessing that in the Sonos app through Amazon Music > My Music > Playlists

Once you play from that location it will appear under My Sonos > Recently Played 

Creating Playlists in the Amazon Music app then easily allows you to listen to the same tracks on your phone/headphones. Have to say that I’’m enjoying Atmos and 360 reality audio from Amazon on headphones 🎧