Access denied via Spotify.

• 11 November 2020
  • 9 replies

Badge +2

Hi, I'm trying to play That Peter Crouch Podcast via Spotify to my speakers.  In the S2 app I get an " access denied " message & in Spotify the speakers are greyed out & the cast on plays through my android phone. Any ideas, I've gone down phone & app ipdates & even checked explicit content settings.  All other podcasts I have tried work through the speakers. Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Phil Mallett , Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue on your Spotify to your Sonos speakers. So that we can check the current status of the system and the Music Service, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to further investigate what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. And you may also try to Renove and Readd the Music service on the Sonos App. Also, Is it only happening on this specific track or all tracks? Have you tried it on another device controller if it is the same error that you'll get?

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help. 

Badge +2

Diagnostics 2101443609.  That Peter Crouch Podcast all episodes  & The Infinate Monkey Cage all episodes will not play, speakers show in Spotify but are greyed out with " can't play this right now " & Sonos shows access denied.  Android phone is up to date.  Sonos & Spotify app deleted, reinstalled, updated & Spotify authorised.  I will check on laptop & follow instructions.  Thanks for getting in touch. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

hI @Phil Mallett, Thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking the diagnostic information. Audio dropouts and Audio playback error are detected. You may check this article about Music Playback stop or skips for some troubleshooting steps. And check on your laptop if it will have the same issue. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Badge +2

The same issue is apparent on my laptop. Thanks for the reply I will try the above.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Phil Mallett, thanks for the update. Let us know how it goes. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to assist you.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Did this ever get resolved?

We have precisely the same problem (see screenshot), & it is infuriating to have so much in the way or expensive Sonos speakers only to find the only speaker I can play this on is a cheap Bluetooth unit!

Userlevel 7

@Mikeiow Have you tried removing Spotify from your music services in the Sonos app and re-adding it?

Did this ever get resolved?

We have precisely the same problem (see screenshot), & it is infuriating to have so much in the way or expensive Sonos speakers only to find the only speaker I can play this on is a cheap Bluetooth unit!

Did you try the suggestion of removing the Spotify service in the Sonos App? Close (fully) & reopen the App and then reinstall/reauthorise the Spotify service to see if that fixes it.

Ah @GuitarSuperstar beat me to it. Hope it fixes the issue.👍