I bought sonos many years ago and grew my system by adding more items to find that I was being left behind by other systems. The list of things that I can't do just grew and grew too. Till now I've another product that does almost everything. By the way, I tried to talk to sonos many times
The things Sonos say they can do and don't allows me to stand at a sonos sales point listening to a sales person describe the system to a potential client and contradict almost everything they say.
The salesman says.
1.You can play your music at any time. I say no! Only if you have an internet connection. How often do you not have the internet? Well, ever time you don't your speakers are useless. They say you can get around this. Yes you can, I'll take you half and hour on the phone if you can get through to someone that knows what he's doing.
2. Also if you take your Sonos to your friends you must get into his internet. That'll take a reset. Can you find out how to do that without spending hours on the internet or going to your local dealer 30minutes drive down the road.
3. Also if your friend comes to you and wants to use your speakers for his music he can't
4. Also you want to watch your companies presentation with decent sound on your wonderful speakers you can't
5. Also you watching your Youtube Video and guess what you can't use the speakers you paid for.
Are they speakers? or are they a very bad app, Very nicely made but, useless because of the app. Conditional speakers?, conditions that you don't associate with buying speakers.
6. You can play Spotify through your sonos. I say No, you can't. Only if you are a paid up subscriber.Your Spotify is mobile your sonos is fixed to the wifi.
Nothing new, nothing interesting. Pick another product, as I did.