Mycroft integration

• 29 January 2018
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Currently the Sonos can be integrated with Alexa. There are plans for including Google Home an I even seen plans for integration with Siri.

Are there any plans to integrate with Mycroft (https://mycroft.ai/) as well? I would be greatly interested in this integration as my recorded data will not be stored on a server and it is not used/sold for marketing purposes.

In addition their new speaker with a display would be a great addition to the Sonos line as well.

Anyone who would support these features here on the community?

Kind regards,
Frank

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Found this project, https://github.com/badaix/snapcast/
Looks like I need to build my own system
Then there’s the little issue that a large percentage of open source projects like this one wind up being abandoned eventually.
Mycroft's share of the voice assistant market is currently somewhere in the "1.4% Other" category. Not many commercial manufacturers are going to develop for that share of the market.
I currently have three play:1, but thinking about sending them back and get others, as I want a system controllable by voice (currently i use loud shouting to reach my Mark in the living room :/)
For the other Mycroft folks here, do you know any smart speakers that work with it already? Looking for a 3 room/ 5 speaker setup...
I want another 5 Sonos speakers for the house but that purchase is on hold till I see integration with Mycroft.
Jepp, I like the assistant features, but I don't want to share my hole life with Amazon and Google! A more secure alternative like Mycroft would be cool.
I have a Sonos one and I would appreciate a mycroft integration too!
Thanks for the feedback.
same here - I'm interested in getting some Sonos speakers, but I'm waiting to see what happens with mycroft
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, rodebeer. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. There are currently no plans to integrate with Mycroft. In the meantime, I am happy to forward your interest and request along to the team for consideration. Thanks for the feedback and keep it coming.