Answered

Xbox series X & LG C2 most sound options are unavailable

• 1 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi, I just got a LG C2. I have a beam gen 1 and two One rear speakers. While playing Series X I'm getting 5.1 DD in the app, so that's good.

However, out of interest I checked the sound options in the Xbox settings and I'm surprised to see that so many audio options are not available on the Series x with this tv. Is this due to me only having a beam gen one? If I upgrade in the future is this tv capable of playing uncompressed 7.1?

Sound out is through earc and in advanced settings DTV is set to auto. Digital sound out is set to passthrough as I read to change that from auto. On Xbox, HDMI audio is set to Dolby Digital. Setting this to stereo uncompressed meant I could not get 5.1 sound. Here is a pic of what the Xbox says is unavailable with the tv settings.

I'm just wondering if I've bought the wrong TV as far as future proofing goes?

Thanks for any help!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 1 April 2023, 18:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Yes it's the beam gen 1

I got atmos from my xbox with the arc on lgb8 so the c2 will be ok

Userlevel 7

The Beam (Gen 1) is limited to standard Dolby Digital 5.1 and Stereo PCM. If you want to play the higher quality audio formats from your Xbox, you need an Arc or Beam (Gen 2).

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thank you two for replies! Happy I didn't buy the wrong TV!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Thank you two for replies! Happy I didn't buy the wrong TV!

Nope looking at that tv upgrade myself 👍