Skip to main content
Answered

Wired to the Arc and wireless to the Sub -NOT working

• 8 May 2021
  • 5 replies

The Arc work perfectly as you would assume. The sub only works when I switch the Arc to wireless. I though I could have the Arc hardwired while having the sub wireless. No matter what I do, I cannot get this to work. At one point, It said the sub was connected to the Arc but it didn’t produce any sound. It had a white light. 

Again, if I switch both the Arc and Sub to wireless it works fine.

Thanks

What do you mean by “switch the Arc to wireless”? Turn on wifi in the settings? That turns on the radio in the Ar, needed for the dedicated 5Ghz connection to the Sub. So even when the Arc has a wired connection to your router, wifi has to be turned on in the settings if you want a wireless connection to the Sub.

Geez, I wish that was clearer. I thought it switched the arc's connection with the router to wireless. Thanks a million!

Any Sonos sound bar requires the WiFi software switch to be ‘on’, so it vacant communicate with the surrounds and Sub that may be attached. As soon as you turn that ‘radio’ off, it can no longer find them, as they connect directly to the sound bar, and not your WiFi signal. 

I just wish the application clearly stated that if you use an Ethernet cable then that will be used for that device and that the wifi will be used for the other devices. 

Certainly hard to argue with you on that :)