Skip to main content

Will rear speakers help my situation

• 27 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello Everyone,

I have a Beam Gen 2 connected via EARC to my Sony X90J TV.

We watch TV via an HDHomeRun where channels here in Australia broadcast in MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 with different audio formats like PCM 2.0, DD 2.0, DD 5.1 etc.

Sound quality and volume varies a lot on the different channels.  Sometime a volume setting of 34 is OK while others it can be up at the 60 mark.  Even at higher settings it is difficult to understand what is being said.

Add to this we live in a duplex which renders the use of loud volumes being not an option.

My thought was to buy a couple of One SL Speakers and place them at either end of the lounge where we sit and watch TV.

So my question is would this help or am I just wasting my money?

TIA

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Different Sonos speakers will still play whatever volume is being sent to the system. While there’s some slight difference based on how many speakers are used in the device, they’re all fairly similar, certainly not varied enough to match your desires. 

You should be complaining to the broadcast companies for such varied volumes being sent. 

You could set them up as ‘grouped’ as a different room, though, and set the volume as different. They would still be slightly delayed from the Home Theater room, just as any ‘room’ is when grouped with a Home Theater ‘room’.