Answered

wifi connection

• 17 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Sonos will not connect to my WiFi. Also not recognizing my IPhone. I have done everything possible. Factory reset, deleting app many times. Restarting router. Nothing happening. Sonos is powered on. 
New router working. Installed by provider. What am I missing here! 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 21 December 2023, 12:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Who is your ISP? What model router? Is it a dual band router?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If it can’t connect to your phone, how do you even know it can’t connect to your wifi?

Refrain from Factory Reset without further consult. As you have discovered Factory Reset is usually a waste of time. The reset will trash all of your SONOS Playlists, music service registrations, and diagnostic data that might have been useful to identify the fundamental issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Z4roadster 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry to hear of the problems you’ve been having. It can often help to set things up while one speaker is connected to the router with an ethernet cable, which can be removed once setup is completed and the WiFi credentials have been programmed in (Settings » System » Network » Manage Networks » Update Networks).

It’s also possible that you just need to reboot your phone.

I also recommend that you do not factory reset, and certainly not if it didn’t fix anything the first time you tried it.

If you continue to have issues with setup, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.