Skip to main content

Why no reboot option in sonos app?

• 16 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Given myself and tons of other people have issues with Samsung Tv’s and the Beam Gen 2, why in the world is there no reboot option on the sonos app?  It just blows my mind that Sonos makes us contact them and go through the same song and dance just to reboot the system so that the Beam reconnects to the Samsung tv.  My sonos and tv are mounted above my fireplace so a plug pull is not an option.  I mean there is no power on/off on the top of the sonos beam for crying out loud!  Please give us this option in the app!

There used to be one in the diagnostics menu, which wasn’t advertised but was widely known.  Sonos closed it off because people who left their routers wide open to hackers caused a sensationalist click-bait style article claiming Sonos was vulnerable to hackers. 

Then put a damn power button on the top of the Sonos Beam where the other buttons are.  Doesnt that seem logical enough?

Then put a damn power button on the top of the Sonos Beam where the other buttons are.  Doesnt that seem logical enough?

Personally, I almost never need to reboot my Sonos.  I long ago reserved IP adresses, so reboots aren't necessary, aside from an occasional HDMI handshake issue with my TV.  But that's only once or twice a year, hardly a reason to retool the manufacturing line to put another button on the Arc.  Have you tried using a cheap smart plug instead?

I would have to take down my 65 inch tv that is mounted above my fireplace and put the smart plug in there so no I haven’t done that.  I unfortunately need to have sonos support reboot my Beam about every 2 weeks which is when the tv loses connection to the Beam on average.  Maybe another solution could be to have a button that sends a request for sonos support to reboot the system for me then?  That way they still control the option and I dont have to waste 10 minutes explaining to each support rep to reboot my Beam every 2 weeks?

I personally would flip the breaker instead of calling Sonos.

I have no use for “smart plugs” much preferring a dumb switch that just works without external servers or power draw.

Tuck it out of sight, hang it from a screw or use a 3M Command Strip to stick it anywhere.

$13 or 2 for $20 and multiple colors.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KFMNJLH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1