Skip to main content
Question

when can i use my sub and surrounds again?

• 30 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Trade ins for these products are currently poor, so while waiting to find a better solution, can someone advise how to get these products working again?

bridge has been disconnected now as otherwise, nothing works. 

playbar works on its own. 

Surrounds won’t when I finally managed to update them and connect them up. That’s broken. 

Attempting to add the sub still results in an app crash. 

is the only quick solution for the above the previous s2 app? I’m on iOS but purchasing an android to get this functionality back hopefully or roll it all back and disable updates. 

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

If you can hardwire the Playbar to your router, You should then be able to pair the Sub and surrounds to the WIFI emitted by the Playbar. Its SonosNet without the Bridge.

Sonos has allowed this for years and I got rid of my Bridge and have a few speakers hardwired in my home.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Broke during the update. Wiring one doesn’t do anything. 

I can add my play1s but once added - they vanish into the ether and no longer function as a surround setup. Trying to add the sub just crashes the app. 

was hoping this would’ve been fixed by now - 2 months after the fk up of an update. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

You cannot wire a surround speaker or a Sub if the main speaker is not also hardwired. So its best to hardwire only the Playbar if possible. See Here:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/choose-between-a-wireless-and-wired-sonos-setup