Skip to main content
Answered

Wall Mount placement for Sonos era 300

• 16 June 2023
  • 1 reply

I’d like to suggest a settings configuration for those that aren’t able to have the speakers facing towards the tv. With my previous home theater setup it was fine to have the surrounds on the sides so I feel it should be doable here. We have a great living room layout but we opted to buy wall mounts instead of stands because we don’t want wires hanging all over the place. So we currently have them mounted on the sides and despite it not being the recommended configuration we still think it sounds great, however I would love to have the trueplay somehow detect which way you have them facing and adjust the channels. Hats off to those that were able to have them mounted the recommended way but I can guarantee I’m not the only one in this predicament so some kind of solution would be a great way to make sure all customers are getting the best sound experience possible. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @MvanderLoon, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Trueplay will optimize the sound quality or sound reproduction in response to a Sonos speakers specific environment, setup & local conditions, & playback situation. As Trueplay already takes into account the position of speakers in a room, just running Trueplay with the speakers on the side of your listening position will give you what you’re looking for.

We recommend having the surrounds placed behind you facing your listening position to complete the surround experience, having them to the side will leave a gap in the rear audio which can affect the surround experience 

While we do recommend having them placed at the rear, Trueplay is designed to optimize the experience of your current setup. If you’re already using it, then I would say you have the best sound experience considering your setup limitations.

I hope this information helps!