Skip to main content
Answered

Volume Issue

• 4 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Can anyone help to explain why the volume for our Sonos system constantly changes? Sometimes when watching movies on foxtel 20 will be very loud, then on other occasions watching the same movie on foxtel we have to turn the volume up to 40 just to hear it properly. 

It’s the same in other streaming services like Prime. Sometimes having the volume 12 is plenty then other times watching the same TV on Prime we have to turn it right up again. 

I also find that when people are talking on the TV it’s soft and it’s hard to hear but when there’s music or action scene it’s extremely loud, we are always having to turn the volume up and down. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Sonos has no control over the level at which the various broadcasters send their signals.  It’s an industry-wide problem, and the same issue exists with music streaming companies, radio stations, etc. Frustrating for all of us consumers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I have this “Issue” when I use AmazonVideo. The audio level is significantly higher than terrestrial Freeview TV and Netflix so I always have to dive for the remote and lower the volume pretty quickly