Skip to main content
Answered

Volume buttons not working - Samsung TV with Chromecast Remote

• 11 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Hey lovely community,

I just became a proud owner of a Beam Gen 1, my first Sonos product!! Wayoo! 🤩

I got it to connect to my Samsung TV (not sure which model, but lets say around 5 years old) through HDMI ARC. I use a Chromecast TV on it with the chromecast remote because the Samsung is smart but not super smart (lacks some apps and remote is half broken). The sound works great, however the volume controls do not seem to work. I control the volume on my chromecast remote since the volume alider on my Samsung remote is broken, however the Chromecast remote is connected to the TV (i.e the volume interface is Samsungs).

Sorry for the long explanation but does anyone know a fix to this? Any help is super appreciated! ❤️

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @jwechsler, welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you haven’t already, I would suggest you follow the steps listed on our remote control setup page. This will allow you to change what remote controls the Sonos Beam as only one remote can be configured at any time. You may have skipped this step when setting up the Beam for the first time or it may be configured with the Samsung TV remote.

I hope this helps!