Skip to main content

Vizio TV and Beam (Gen 2)

• 27 February 2022
  • 7 replies

Recently purchased  Beam (Gen 2)...When Beam  is connected to Vizio TV...Audio cuts out, sometimes the picture cuts out, sometimes both cut out at the same time. Sometimes when these issues are occurring, the TV remote is unresponsive. I have set the CEC to ARC only, replaced both HDMI cables for TV and Beam...Had Comcast replace the cable box….nothing I have tried has worked. When I disconnect the Beam the TV works fine

I have read other reviews that the Beam & Vizio TV’s have issues. Anyone have any suggestions before I return the Beam

forgot to mentioned that i updated software for both Beam and TV

On the cable box, is there a HDMI Device Control setting under Device Settings > Power Preferences that you can turn off?

I was able to turn the power settings to off. Should I connect the beam to the ARC port as I did originally? 

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the TV and Beam from power for a couple of minutes. Plug them both back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure CEC is enabled on the TV. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app. When the app instructs you to, connect the Beam to the TV’s HDMI ARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. When the Beam has been successfully connected, connect the cable box to the TV.

I followed your instructions and everything seems to be working. Previously the issues I was experiencing  started once the TV was on for an hour or so...Hopefully with your help my issues were resolved. Thanks for helping!!!!

If this doesn't work is there a plan “B” ?

If it doesn’t work and your TV is equipped with eARC, you could try disabling eARC in the TV settings.

After having the TV on for 8 hours, the problem I was having with sound & picture has been resolved!

Thanks again for helping