Skip to main content
Question

using Sonos with a 4k projector

• 19 June 2024
  • 2 replies

I’m looking to add to my Sonos products to connect to my 4k projector. 

I want to know if they need to be hard wired? How to do this, and what’s needed. 

I must add, I won’t be using a sound bar for this room. Just 2 front and 2 rear speakers. 

all help is appreciated. 

thanks 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I’m not sure whether the Amp can help with this, and I’m sure someone will be along to advise - but I assume you are just creating two stereo pairs with your two front and your two ‘rear’ speakers? You won’t get surround in the rear speakers without a soundbar, so the two rears will just be a mirror of the two fronts - i.e. stereo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I’m looking to add to my Sonos products to connect to my 4k projector. 

I want to know if they need to be hard wired? How to do this, and what’s needed. 

I must add, I won’t be using a sound bar for this room. Just 2 front and 2 rear speakers. 

all help is appreciated. 

thanks 

To use a Home Cinema setup within Sonos, you need to use either an Amp or a sound bar.  Only these products have an HDMI eArc input and are the only devices that don’t introduce a significant lip sync into your home cinema output.

In short, it isn’t possible to do what you want with just the devices you mention in your post..