Skip to main content
Answered

using non smart Samsung tv with beam

• 16 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Using a Non smart Samsung tv and beam. Volume control doesn’t work on Samsung remote control when connected via optical method. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Some Samsung TV's use a bluetooth remote. The TV itself can sometimes be set to act as an IR transmitter though. The remote will send a bluetooth signal to the TV, which will send an IR command to an external device (‘Samsung Connect’?), but you may need to purchase an add-on to achieve that - maybe check your TV user manual. Alternatively use any spare IR enabled TV remote that you may have lying around to control the volume of the Beam. See this link:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/control-sonos-home-theater-with-your-tv-remote

Brilliant Ken! I just realised that my old lg smart tv remote control is programmed to operate the beam so I tried that and it still works for the Beam. Thanks for your  speedy response buddy.